I am very sad that you are in Nauvoo!!! (*picture - the license plate is on my stake presidents car) I love that place so much. But you know what its ok CAUSE I AM IN ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, Humility i know, i'll go study chapter 6 in PMG!
This week has been really kinda interesting. We had a big family history roadshow come through, and that kinda made the week a bit off. We had to go and help with that for like 4 hours a day, and it killed our energy. It was good we got to talk to some people because of it, but we really didn't get to do much work. The past 2 days have already been more productive!! It was cool though.... I learned that the Johnson name comes from Ireland which is really really cool. I also learned that the Obray name comes from Wales! I thought that that was really neat.
2 Things this week to report on...
First i think that i have told you about out investigator Haley and her excommunicated boyfriend john. If not they are both really cool people. Well they are both progressing really really well and they are making huge steps in the right direction. John just made some bad decisions that he knows about and he really wants to change. His testimony is so solid its amazing. Haley can see how much this gospel means to John, and she is seeing how much it hurts him to not be a part of it. We have got them both coming to church, and they are going to make the jump very soon. A few nights ago we had an amazing lesson with them... They were both in tears because the spirit was so incredibly strong. Everything has been different since then with them, and it is so amazing to see that. I am so grateful that i am a part of such an amazing process!! I love this gospel. I saw the change that it brought in my life, and now i am seeing the change that it has brought in the lives of the people that i am teaching.
Ok moving on. The 10th Anniversary for the Preston temple was on Sunday night, and oh my goodness was it ever amazing! The talks were amazing, but the music was better. We had a mini MOTAB up there and the spirit was incredible!!! I have been praying a lot about my own personal conversion and how i can really teach what i know and what i feel. Well i got my answer on Sunday night. The choir sang "this is the Christ". I have sung that before i have heard a million times, but the spirit was so strong this time that i could not breathe at points!! My prayers were answered. "how many drops of blood were spilled for me," that like hit me like a train. I know that Christ lives, and the he loves me and cares for me as an Individual!!!! I will never ever ever deny that!
They also sang praise to the man. I don't know how to describe it but it was an arrangement that i have never heard before!! I want to sing it. The men have the absolute coolest part ever!!! Look for different versions of it ok, and let me know.
And of course they sang the Spirit of God at the end. There was a fire burning within me. The whole congregation sang, and then the choir did there special thing with the congregation at the end. I have never felt the spirit so strong while singing. I was tired, winded, and sweating at the end because i was singing with so much joy and happiness. I was singing with the spirit, and it was amazing!!! I will never forget that night!! The spirit communicates with me the strongest through music, so i thank you mom and dad for giving me that gift and allowing me to grow and progress in it!!!! I can never repay you!!!!!
Ok now onto some other stuff......
I cut my own hair, that was fun. (Picture)
We have Tesco and ASDA here. They are like walmart. ASDA is actually ownd by walmart (whoda thunk)
I don't know if you remember that tie that Kelsey and Heather gave me... the Black one with the red Flowers. Yea that flower is the Flower of Lancashire. Thats the County that i live in, funny huh.
Alright i have to go, i just want to leave with something that was said at the Temple Devotional.....
"Joseph Smith went into the grove with a question for himself... And came out with an answer for us all!"
I love you all so much,
Elder Johnson


No comments:
Post a Comment